Featured Not resolved
2.8
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Nov 16

Within minutes of posting this review, I received an email from Michael (who had ignored my last 3 over the last 3 days) with this: "3.Please kindly note that we can only repair and send back to you according to our RMA policy, this is 100% sure and can not be negotiated or changed, no replacement for other unit or refund." I have checked on the Nomu website and they have stopped selling the S20 phone, maybe they are aware that it is faulty?So Chinavasion have confirmed that they will not issue a refund, will not offer a suitable replacement but will attempt to repair a discontinued phone that is riddled with malware and viruses that cannot be removed as they came shipped from the manufacturer.

Any company that has a policy of not giving refunds or suitable replacements should be avoided at all costs.You have been warned.

Original review posted by user Nov 16

I bought a Nomu S20 phone from them In December and in May the rubber waterproof cover was expanding and coming away from the phone.Email communication (with Michael)was difficult as he/they would often ignore emails and would only reply after the 4th time of asking.

After 18 emails from me in 3 months, they eventually agreed to send me a replacement cover…but wanted to charge me €10 to cover their postage costs. 3 months later and the phone starts installing programs by itself and playing music when there are no programs running and I discover (after searching the web) that this phone is shipped from Nomu with malware installed into the operating system and it cannot be removed. I contact Chinavasion and once again the whole ignoring emails merry-go-round starts again. If you do get a reply it’s usually to ask something you have already told them, like what the problem is.

Several times with the earlier cover replacement they kept asking me for my address yet it was clearly visible in the message I had sent them (and in their reply). In summary, it’s tempting to think you can get a bargain by buying a cheap phone from Chinavasion and so long as the item turns up, works and you don’t need to contact the supplier....ever, you’ll be fine. If, on the other hand, you require any form of customer service, forget about it.

You are better of buying from a guy in a bar or off a back of a lorry as you’ll have as much luck resolving any problems you have.Try it if you fancy a gamble and once you get your fingers burned, go back to buying from your local store or Amazon, lesson learned.

Review about: Nomu Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Range of products and cheap prices.

I didn't like: Customer service is appalling ignored complaints.

Had an Experience with Chinavasion?

Comments